Skip to content

Simpleology

Deciding “what to build next” is hard. Your voice is the most important element of our decision process. Don’t be shy – tell us what you want. But please look for the feature you want first, and if it’s already there, cast your vote. If not, start a new topic.

436 results found

1. chrome

Improve the chrome extension so that it doesn't use so much memory

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The main Simpleology Browser Add-on for Chrome has been updated to REMOVE the “Focus Enforcer” elements – https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simpleology-browser-add-o/bodmmjnpfmdaffmfjojgbiglpnlbkjea – which was the source of the memory hogging.

Simpleology Browser Add-on w/ Focus Enforcer as been created for those that are OK with the memory usage it requires – https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simpleology-browser-add-o/ijmcpaelfhkgelghihfjlfgldlkndcgb

2. Engines: Please add a second action so that engines can also assign labels

I use labels to filter my daily targets down to specific areas I'm working on right now. But if I add a new item via an engine, it doesn't have a label. So it would be great if could type "dt kk key holder" and then the item would be added to the daily targets (dt) with the label "kankyo kaizen" (kk).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Jens,

Just finished updates to Simpleology Engines – https://my.simpleology.com/#engines – that now allow you to Apply a Label to any given Dream Catcher entry.

Additionally, you now have the option to move a Dream Catcher entry to the Top of any given List (i.e. you can create an Engine that starts with: “dt-top” that moves items to the top of Daily Targets).

You can of course chain Engines together, but be mindful that to when you use “starts with” or “ends with”, Engines will only look for those two instances. To truly chain Engines together combine and/or exclusively use “that contains”.

For your example, "…would be great if could type “dt kk key holder” and then the item would be added to the daily targets (dt) with the label “kankyo kaizen” (kk)" … we suggest you set up an Engine that “starts with” “dt” and moves the entry to Daily…

3. SMS

Actually allow dream catcher SMS to work by texting a PHONE NUMBER, not an email address. This could easily be done using an app like Tropo or Twilio. Then heck you can even set up to Tweet something to your dream catcher. And Google Voice texting will work too.

But where you claim "(yes, you can send a text message to an email address).", um, respectfully I'm going to say NO. No, you can't send a text to an email on all carriers and all providers.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Edit subtasks or add a subtasks overlay?

When subtasks were first introduced we had the ability to edit them after they were placed under a target (I think via a right-click menu). Could we have that back? Or even better have an overlay on subtasks like we have on primary targets? I'd love the option to "complete", "delete", "edit", and/or "move" subtasks either to a list, the dreamcatcher, or into daily targets as it's own target.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

David,

As for the options overlay for sub-tasks, we’re actually looking into this.

In the meantime:

To edit a sub-tasks, simply double click the text of the sub-task and an input field for you to make your changes will appear.

Once done, press ENTER on your keyboard to save the changes.

To cancel, simply click away from the edit field.

CC-

5. Text Daily Targets to your Phone

Send a Bulleted list as text to user with simpler cel phones, or ones w/out internet access.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

> Text Daily Targets to your Phone

You now have the ability to text entries to your Dream Catcher via the “SMS/Email to Dream Catcher” feature – https://my.simpleology.com/#accessories

Combine sending a text or email to the Dream Catcher with Simpleology Engines – https://my.simpleology.com/#engines – and you have the ability to remotely route your Dream Catcher entry anywhere in the system, including Daily Targets.

On top of remotely CAPTURING your Dream Catcher entries, you now also have the ability to text or email – dreamcatcher@simpleology.com – (assuming you’ve added your phone/email to – https://my.simpleology.com/#accessories) – with specific system keywords that will remotely perform various actions to your list of Daily Targets.

Individually text or email – dreamcatcher@simpleology.com – with the following commands (without “quotes” or spaces):

“next” = text or email the word NEXT to – dreamcatcher@simpleology.com – and the system will text/email you your top incomplete Daily…

6. Leave Labels Enabled on the decide steps

Personally I like to do my daily targets by group, per example:
    first job, then house, then proyects, then groceries, then pendings utside my house etc

sometimes I like to focus only on "house" stuff to do, or maybe only on the job, and the problem is that when i wanna do only house things I usually have to review EVERYTHING I have to do, if you laeve labels enabled I can quickly select the pendings by category

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Revise the dojo. Yellow belt stuck repeating lesson 1 (submitted ticket) but why has no-one else flagged this? 20 days too long...?

I know a habit takes 21 days to build - but the dreamcatcher, brainstorm and decide are not rocket science. I suggest that the first lesson is never repeated - but a less waffly (sorry) 'thorough' version produced for day 2-5, and maybe day 10. Then, I would use the most straightforward version, and incorporate Yellow belt training from day 10 or 15 latest. If these 'lessons' overlapped just a little, there would be less chance of people dropping out through boredom or impatience. OR - people could be allowed to jump ahead after half the lessons for each level...Just…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A Button to export Lists (not daily targets but custom Lists) to print and email

Unless I was dreaming, I think I used to be able to do this with the old version. Love the new Simpleology, but I miss this feature, I used it a lot to update others on projects of interest to them, without gunking up the list with my mundane and sometimes personal Daily Targets).

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hability to skip trough the videos of the training

We dont need to watch the videos over and over again, the process is really simple and once we do it 3-4 times with the video e dont really need to be watching the video over and over again and it is time consuming,

please allow us the chance to skip the videos so the "start my day" process becomes way easier

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just a note to let you know that we updated the Training Series.

For those now earning their White or Yellow Belt, after Day #1 you will have full control of the video player — including the ability to skip around/through the videos if that is your choice.

Hopefully this will allow us all to meet half way and satisfy everyone’s agenda.

Orange Belt, I think you’ll find, is a completely different experience (in a good way).

CC-

10. Add 'Delete Selected' button to 'Do It Later' List Page

On the 'Do It Later' list, it would be nice to - one we've crossed an item off the list - to go back and delete a whole bunch of completed items with one click, rather than having to delete each crossed off item individually.

This feature exists on the Daily Targets page where you can just click one 'Delete Completed Items' button at the bottom of the page and clean the whole thing up instantly.

I have 383 completed items on my 'Do It Later' list but to get rid of them (so I no longer have to look…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A "Daily task" planner with timeframes.

I love when you end up with your "Daily task", everything works so well there at the moment!!

but how about the possibility to plan your daily task in debths? perhaps you could click "next" to a new page where you could put your task into boxes with morning, afternoon, and evening and then exact timeschedule also.

It's good to know what you should do everyday but also to work with timeframes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Diane,

As the Simpleology training series is new, and we have no way to truly identify any given User’s understanding of the system, we’re asking that everyone – Newbie to Expert – start at the beginning and earn their belts “fairly” by going through the training in full.

We the developers who likely understand the system and concepts better than anyone are going through the White Belt training the same as everyone else. So we can relate to and understand your situation.

To help improve and expedite the experience of each day’s, and each belt’s training, we’ve devised a new pattern that first welcomes you to “Day X” of your “Y Belt Training” – giving you a visual reference of your progress and goal – and then for most days of the that belt’s training, it will be a consolidated version of what you have been seeing (i.e. days one…

13. Provide User defined Timezone for all time/date functions in Simpleology

Please add a time/date feature, adjustable to the time zone where I live to Simpleology, so my streak, my reminders, and everything is accurate to where I am. Currently it is the 4th of May here in Phuket, Thailand, and yet when I set a reminder it is still the 3rd of May. Also when my streak is recorded, it is not accurate to the timezone where I am here in Thailand. It would be awesome if there were a feature to change all the time/date functions of Simpleology to a user-defined timezone. Thank you.

Also it would be awesome…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dylan,

If you go to – https://my.simpleology.com/#profile – and set your timezone, the date/times should update to correctly reflect the date/time relative to you.

If you still have issues, please contact Customer Care – http://support.constructzero.com/?group=simpleology – and we’ll investigate further.

As for displaying the date/time along with other information about each of your targets is something that we’re considering along with several other usability improvements. We’ll see where it takes us.

CC -

14. Have review dates for lists.

Have a review date for each list (as distinct to the items in the list). Allow me to make these repeatable. I would use this to schedule a regular review of a list where I collect all my business ideas. The reminder task would then show up in the plan my day at the appropriate time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to add an idea in the Daily targets screen. I might need to do it today.

I think of things (or a new thing arises) that were not in my daily targets list but need to be done today, so dream catcher isn't really appropriate. At the moment I go back and redo start my day to be able to add the new item to today's targets.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Brad,

There are actually a few ways to add to your Daily Targets list without having to go through Start My Day each time.

The first option is, after you add a Dream Catcher item (on the Dream Catcher page – https://my.simpleology.com/#dream-catcher), when you hover your mouse over the item you will see the “Options Overlay” (black bar with white icons). The first icon, if clicked, will move the item from the Dream Catcher to the bottom of your (incomplete) Daily Targets list.

The second option, as Susan pointed out in her comment, is to set up a Simpleology Engine – https://my.simpleology.com/#engines – that will route specific entries into your Dream Catcher. Susan explained how to set up an Engine very well in her comment. Once you have an Engine set up, you then have many avenues for dropping things into your Dream Catcher – https://my.simpleology.com/#accessories – which coupled…

16. tell us how many times we'll be doing the same training

I'm starting to think that this is actually an intelligence test -- how many times will I click the same button and do the exact same thing before there is any acknowledgement that I have progressed? Part of the problem is that the system doesn't seem to be tracking correctly. I've lost at least 2 days that the streak counter for some reason decided to pretend I didn't do, one literally before my eyes when an "open in new tab" command didn't take. I would really like to move on and would feel more able to stay motivated if I…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Susan,

We just now updated the Training Series in two ways:

1). When the day’s training starts, the first thing you will now see is a splash screen welcoming you to “day X” of your training, along with a line graph showing how many days you’ve completed, and how many you have left.

2). Throughout the days of each belt’s training you will see a few times the longer version of training, and the remaining days are shortened so that you can get to the “action” aspect of training sooner.

Hope these updates improve your experience. If you have further ideas, let us know!

CC-

17. Have a comments field for DC items, openable by clicking on an icon next to that DC item.

So, when you first input a DC item, you can add comments or expand on the idea.
    I know the idea is to dump the idea in the DC and forget about it.
    But often, it's necessary to put much more info down when an idea comes, for two reasons.
    1. A one-line title may not be enough to remember the full scope of the idea.
    2. When ideas come, the creative juices might already be flowing enough that a single line will not be enough to record the outpouring.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SPeed up training as progress is made.

E.g. the videos are quite long to have to see again and again every day during a particular stage of training.
    So, how about some shorter summary videos after the first day.
    Or give us the option to choose which video, the short or long one, just in case we want to see the long one again.
    At the very least, let us skip to the end of the video by enabling that on the player.

Thanks
    Tom

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have recurring tasks show up in Daily Tasks

Items that are listed in recurring tasks would function better if they turned up in Daily Tasks once "start my day" had been completed to simplify the days planning and ensure nothing is forgotten. An option to set a day to a recurring task would be brilliant for those things that crop up weekly but you still dont want to risk forgetting to do them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Kerry,

In Start My Day there is a “Recurring Tasks” module (third from the left) which offers you the ability to add any item you have marked as “recurring” to your Morning Brainstorm list.

From there, when you go through the “Decide” module, you can opt to include (or not include) your recurring tasks to your Daily Targets.

As far as setting specific intervals for recurring tasks (i.e. recur on: monday, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.), we have plans for including this option in a future update of Simpleology.

CC-

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 21 22