Skip to content

Simpleology

Deciding “what to build next” is hard. Your voice is the most important element of our decision process. Don’t be shy – tell us what you want. But please look for the feature you want first, and if it’s already there, cast your vote. If not, start a new topic.

699 results found

1. Interface scheduling of Tasks with Zimbra calendar.

It would be great if scheduling of tasks could interface with Zimbra calendar software; this is what we use at my institution.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. connect though netsuite api's so simpeology becomes the front end, management tool within netsuite, is a business or enterprise version plan

every department in a company has goals and milestones, every employee has great ideas, needs to stay on track, needs to stay focused. an enterprise version tailored to business would be terrific.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve Focus Enforcer

I like the idea of the new focus enforcer, but not the way it's implemented. - Having the task on top of my browser window is great, but it blocks the view of the website I'm on.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Triggers: have a review of life areas to trigger us during mind dump

We all play many different roles in our lives. Father, friend, Manager of Project X, member of team Y, Board Member of Org Z, etc. Those of us who manage a wide range of these roles and areas (I have about 15 right now) need triggers to remind us of each. Just adding a during-setup questionnaire feature that asked people what roles they play in their life, and then simply put that as a list on the mind dump page I think would go a long way towards people remembering across our many responsibility areas when doing our mind dump.…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to revise your calendar choice from Your Account

Ability to revise your calendar choice from Your Account. There seems to be nowhere to do this at present.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Consolidate the three "Stuff I Want" lists into one list

This is a small request, but I have always found it a bit awkward the way the Stuff I Want list is broken into 3 sections.

I don't see the benefit of choosing whether to put a particular target in one or the other section. For ease-of-use I just put all targets into the top section so I can add them and view them all without having to scroll down the page.

Also, the way I phrase my target doesn't always fit in with the suggested template; (i.e. "It would be super awesome if I were...", "It would be super…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. backplanning indicator on targets when BP items are present

in my life on the stuff i want, on the targets, i think it would help to have an icon indicating when there are backward planning items set

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to add Backward Plans to Major Focus targets, not just Stuff I Want targets

One problem I find with the current system is that if you create a backward plan on a "Stuff I Want" target, then transfer an item from the Backward Planner list into one of the Major Focus targets, you cannot then backward plan on those Major Focus targets because Backward Planners are only creatable on the Stuff I Want screen.

I like to break tasks down using a "step-wise refinement" approach; e.g. starting with a Stuff I Want target (the big picture), and breaking that down into Long Term, Medium Term and/or Short Term Focus targets transferring them to those…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A Simpleology Calendar would keep everything together and, of course, make it simpler.

A Simpleology Calendar will allow:
    1) scheduling immediately
    2) viewing all scheduled tasks
    3) setting reminders
    4) copying to other calendars
    5) deleting
    6) rescheduling
    7) move to Mental Lockbox or any other tab selected

When "Start My Day" opens up:
    1) the scheduled tasks for that day will appear
    2) daily reminders will appear

These will be handled exactly like a new task.
    They will now go through the "Steps" again for handling.

In the scheduling step,
    1) keep the manual option
    2) keep google
    3) keep outlook
    4) add simpleology
    5) add option to place in more than…

902 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you click "Done" in the Daily Targets that an optional "bell" sound (or other user selected sound track) occurs.

It would be a small "instant reward" and acknowledgement for having completed a task - all very Pavlovian too!! : )
    It should, however, be an optional thing that the user can turn on or off. In later upgrades and variety of sounds could be selected (Trumpet fanfare?), or indeed a user could upload their own audio "reward". (Queen's "And another one bites the dust"?)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Deligate option should compile into one email.

When you deligate to an email address, it seperates each task into several different emails. An option to deligate say 5 items to one email address/person would create less congestion within the employee emails (thus, less room for error), sending ONE email to each employee email address stating that the deligated tasks are available.

Also, listing the tasks in the email would help the employee get started if they are unable to get to a computer, especially if they have what they need to complete at least some of the tasks (unless a BlackBerry App is produced, this would solve…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Chnge delegation work flow

Up front ask if we regularly delegate. If NOT, don't make us go thru that step on EVERY item. Let us choose delegate as a button later.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Help with the conceptual and logistical side of backward planning

A backward planning organizer or guide section. An educational element helping with the conceptual and logistical side of backward planning. This could be worked into the both the daily planning process and it's integration into major foci.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The ability to split your daily tasks into 2 groups. Inward and outward tasks.

Inward tasks are when you can switch off all means of communication - email, phone etc.. and focus on the tasks at hand that require no other input besides your own. Outward task require external communication (e.g. getting back to people on the phone, over email, meetings, calling clients etc...)
    If on daily tasks you could split these tasks - grouping them, you would be much more productive when attacking the day. Inwards tasks first followed by outward or vice versa.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give the ability to label Daily Targets as pertaining to Time, Energy, Money or any custom value

I find it useful to categorise my targets in terms of whether they are designed to increasing my Time, Energy or Money Power. Most of my targets fit into these categories in some way. Labelling them like this in a clear visual way would enable me to ensure that I have chosen a well-balanced set of targets for the day, and select which targets to focus on depending on the need at the time.

The current system enables colour coding daily targets but without textual labels to remind what the colours stand for this isn't as useful.

This feature would…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to associate daily task items with a particular life target so that they are automatically added to that goals backward planner.

This way when reviewing a life goal you could see all of the steps you had taken towards completing that goal so far. Also, during any particular day you can see clearly how you are allocating your time and energy among your life goals.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to see backward planner items when working in Review Your Major Targets, step 2, of Start My Day

Awesome to be reminded of my major focus targets, asked "what will you do to today to achieve this goal" and have those ideas added to my daily tasks. It would be even better if during this step I could also actually see the steps I have already listed in the backward planner associated with this goal and then check off any I wanted to add to my "brain dump items" to either be done, delegated or scheduled.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatically copy a backward planner item to the "stuff I want" section when you set it as a major focus

The beauty of Simpleology is the ability to take a vague long term goal and turn it into a task today, that will start to change my life.

I want to take a long term goal, backward plan and then take the first task as my medium term goal, backward plan ... first task as short term goal ... backward plan ... to first daily task.

But, the system blocks the flow from "stuff I want" to "daily tasks". Setting a backward planner item as a focus sends it into limbo. I can't then backward plan from that major focus…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OFFLINE version of Simpleology, please!! I love the concept, but can't be connected to the internet.

I love the concept, but the requirement to be connected to the internet and store the data in the cloud is a showstopper for me. There are times I need access to SImpleology, but can't be online. A standalone Simpleology program would solve this problem entirely. Thanks for your consideration!!

444 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. in Lists, Add a new list, adding a field for a short description would print a better managable physical list

Having several printed lists can make it a bit confusing seeing only their title and the lists themselves. Having below the title a short description of what the list is about or what it accomplishes would make it easier to handle.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Simpleology