Skip to content

Simpleology

Deciding “what to build next” is hard. Your voice is the most important element of our decision process. Don’t be shy – tell us what you want. But please look for the feature you want first, and if it’s already there, cast your vote. If not, start a new topic.

436 results found

1. Have delegated targets reappear in Start My Day for followup when due to be completed.

Like many of you, I leverage as much of my time as sensibly possible in order to get as much out of my day as possible. But once delegated, I find it is sometimes difficult to remember what all was delegated and when to check the Delegation Station to determine task followups.

It would be great if there were a module for "Leveraging Followup," in which any D.S. items would automatically appear in S.M.D. and ask if you would like to add a followup with the person/people to your Daily Targets (or just complete the target yourself or change the…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Start My Day now includes a small “button” in the upper right corner above your Brainstorm list labeled, “Delegation Station Alerts”.

Delegation Station Alerts, when clicked, opens a consolidated view of your Delegation Station, designed to show you:

- Tasks that have been delegated but not yet accepted/declined.

- Tasks that are due within the next seven days.

- Tasks that are overdue.

Delegation Station Alerts should help better organize your ability to follow up with incoming, outstanding, or overdue tasks.

2. Implement a way to input and track unexpected "sub-tasks" that inevitably arise (i.e. fractalplanner.com)

Many times, the tasks in the Daily Targets end up taking far more steps than you'd expect. This happens almost every day with little unexpected things making even simple tasks take much longer. This function would enable us to break down tasks into sub-tasks. This would prevent frustration, procrastination and resistance that often accompanies such unexpected interference, and stops us from completing our tasks. It provides additional clarity and impetus to keep moving forward on our goals versus feeling stuck, confused or overwhelmed.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Context (Phone, office, computer, etc)

Allow us to specify a context for tasks so we can group all of the things we can do in 1 context together.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have date field in Trackers

having a date field in the Trackers will allow one to input data if he has missed it earlier to capture data accurately and hence the graph will be more accurate.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Projects or Groups of tasks

It would be really great to be able to group task into Projects.
    The projects should have a due date feature, if needed on a certain project.

A Project is something that is usually not done in a day.

The problem now is that all tasks are placed in one long list. It gets overwhelming to see everything. Sure, there is the Subtask feature. But the problem there is when doing the Brain Dump i can't assign a task as Sub task.

I can have 5 different Projects in a day i work with.

Implementing a Project feature that is…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customize the color options for the daily targets list. I have color coded segments of life based on Jack Canfield's Power of Focus

Jack Canfield says there are 7 components to life:

Personal
    Finance
    Career/Business
    Relationships
    Entertainment
    Contributions
    Health

(not necessarily in this order)

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allows tasks created to be loaded into Excel workbooks, outlook and other time mg

this includes those that allow you to interact with Google etc from smartphones.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Making the life, medium targets and short term targets visible on the cockpit

At least during the daily target practice so that there is always a connection between all of them. I find that seeing the short term targets are not enough. I only end up using the DTP for immediate targets/activities.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sorting items in dily targets

Sorting/arranging tasks in daily target is somewhat tiresome having to move each item only one step up or down; drag and drop was much better

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You may re-order your Daily Targets (as well as all other targets throughout the system) using the Options Overlay up/down arrows, or by disabling the Options Overlay via the “options overlay: ON / OFF” toggle above the table containing your targets (alternatively hold down your keyboard’s CTRL/CMD key while mousing over the target), where in you will be able to drag-n-drop your targets in any order you choose.

10. Using checklist as a one time list of tasks or a recurring one.

The ability to schedule a checklist as a one-time list of tasks to complete or as a recurring list to complete daily, weekly, or monthly. We need user-friendly date/time pickers rather than just a blank field to input text.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto skip Delegate and Schedule It steps if no tasks are assigned to it

In the Decide phase, we have to go through Delegate and Schedule It steps even if there are no tasks classified to it. It would be great if the system can simply skip those steps if there are no tasks assigned to those areas in the Decide step.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Instead of using arrows to move items in the Daily Targets list up or down, it would be great to be able to drag and drop to have

Maybe it's me from lack of training and newness, but the arrows to move list items up and down can be cumbersome. I've used other lists, like toodledo, with drag and drop function.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released some major improvements to the “Options Overlay” and drag-n-drop across the whole site.

You can now easily drag-n-drop your items by simply grabbing the row and dragging.

As for the “Options Overlay”, we’ve removed the whole “ON / OFF” toggle concept, reduced the space it consumes, improved the organization of the options/icons, and now allow you to simply click anywhere on the “Options Overlay” that isn’t an icon to remove that row’s overlay so that you can highlight/copy that row’s text, double click to edit, and/or access click-able links.

We also increased the size of the “Lists” and “Label” drop-downs, as well as alphabetized the order of the lists that appear.

All in all, these improvements should have a positive impact on your use of the system.

13. SMS

Actually allow dream catcher SMS to work by texting a PHONE NUMBER, not an email address. This could easily be done using an app like Tropo or Twilio. Then heck you can even set up to Tweet something to your dream catcher. And Google Voice texting will work too.

But where you claim "(yes, you can send a text message to an email address).", um, respectfully I'm going to say NO. No, you can't send a text to an email on all carriers and all providers.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fill in gaps to have Simpleology be a more perfect implementation of David Allen's Getting Things Done methodology. It's so close already!

You've already got some very close mappnigs: Dreamcatcher is the universal inbox. You have four of the six needed output lists with fantastic monitoring
    Project list - Mental Lockbox? (needs a space for a next action that will push itself into start my day)
    someday maybe list - is partially implemented in the Mental Lockbox but no real way to distinguish it from active projects
    Waiting for- is the delegation station. i'd love it to remind me to follow up without my having to look.
    Calendar - Done already.
    Next action to do list is the Daily Targets (beautifully done)…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. No loss of anything already paid for

I paid for alot of stuff at Simpleology. I don't want to lose any of it as I'm still working on the giant package I bought!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. During the DTP, display the list of unfinish / DreamCatcher targets on the Morning Brain Dump screen

So we don't accidentally add them again if they are already on the list from the day before or entered into the DreamCatcher.

At the moment we don't see these until the last few sections of the Daily Target Praxis and it's easy to forget which targets have already been automatically included from unfinished targets or from the DreamCatcher.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deliberate Tasks back on Start My day List not on Do It Later List

Hi,

Now I know this can be done by going into the "Do It Now" list and manually moving them over, but is it possible that it can be automated?

Thanks.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Samantha,

Apologize as we may not be reading your request correctly, but how we under stand your request is this …

- You’re on the Decide step of Start My Day and you’ve deliberated items (that you just won’t get to today, or maybe ever).

- If you do nothing more and continue with Start My Day, your items are retained in Start My Day.

- Tomorrow when you perform Start My Day you would like the items you deliberated to again be available for processing.

If we have the above correct, our current system will actually meet you half way on this request, with the other half being something you may not have considered.

When you’re on the Decide step of Start My Day and you’ve deliberated items, you have the option to select where the item will be stored; one of your custom lists, or by default the…

19. Display the dream catcher items and uncompleted tasks from ther previous day on the morning dump page

At the end of each day, I like to think ahead and put down some things I might need to get to the next day. Then the next morning, I find I have thought of some new things but often my tasks were already in the dream catcher and I have duplicates. Equally some things I have not got to the previous day may be repeated, which makes it a bit tedious when sorting later. :-)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simplify the home page for Simpleology.

Reorganize the home page to go directly to the course that you're on and have it tie in to your tasks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?