Skip to content

Simpleology

Deciding “what to build next” is hard. Your voice is the most important element of our decision process. Don’t be shy – tell us what you want. But please look for the feature you want first, and if it’s already there, cast your vote. If not, start a new topic.

699 results found

1. Deadlines for Major Focus tab

To create sense of urgency towards ones's own Life Goals, adding a "Deadline" date field to Short, Medium and Long Term Focus'es would be a great feature.

It will:

• encourage the person to think ****** for adding more tasks for one's own goals,
    • encourage to re-prioritize the brain dump, in favor of progress towards one's own goals,
    • alert the person against overloading with "daily hassle" or "external requests" by reminding that what is really important in one's own life might be slipping away because of not holding to them as strong as one needs to.

Such great gains by adding…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. sticky notes

Small sticky note off to the side of My Day & My Life that stays with you as you navigate simpleology - for things like an inspirational message or other thing you want/need to keep in view everyday.

Or you could jot a note there that you want to remember to put into another tab of the simpleology system once you're finished with what you're currently working on.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. love the engines - thank you! Please make it possible to add a "review date" to a whole category - all items appear in your daily planner

It is sometimes tedious setting dates for each item in a category. We may have an entire category that we wish to review at a certain date, or at a recurring date (for example monthly or annually). On that date all the items in the category should come up for review. The makes it possible to have catgories like "conference reminders" or "August 2013" or "August - annual review" or "end of month" where the category will come up for review on the specified date (once or recurring as specified). NOTE: this will also help those who want DAILY taks…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Subtasks and comments in the other sections where editing tasks is possible (not just daily targets)

I think the subtasks and comments under Daily Targets are such an awesome feature. I would like to also have them available under Dream Catcher, Backwards Planner or Mental Lockbox.

As I am filling up tasks, I always almost want to be able to attach notes to them. I love this is possible in Daily Targets, but I'd like to be able to jot down notes whenever I am creating tasks in the Dream Catcher or Backwards Planner. I've also felt the need to add subtasks a few times. I also think the existing comments/subtasks should be preserved when moving…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve Focus Enforcer

I like the idea of the new focus enforcer, but not the way it's implemented. - Having the task on top of my browser window is great, but it blocks the view of the website I'm on.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Minor: being able to edit the target text right in the 'Stuff I Want' tab

Currently this is possible when setting it as short, medium or long term, but that's not sustainable or scalable when having multiple targets.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Triggers: have a review of life areas to trigger us during mind dump

We all play many different roles in our lives. Father, friend, Manager of Project X, member of team Y, Board Member of Org Z, etc. Those of us who manage a wide range of these roles and areas (I have about 15 right now) need triggers to remind us of each. Just adding a during-setup questionnaire feature that asked people what roles they play in their life, and then simply put that as a list on the mind dump page I think would go a long way towards people remembering across our many responsibility areas when doing our mind dump.…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. in daily tasks - keep the ability to prioritize if using HIME

see what the values are (high effort, high priority) and adjust accordingly if there's a tie, throughout the day

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. under delegated tasks, bundle items for each person

if i have 3 items for one person that i've delegated to them. the screen space taken up with those 3 items is huge. why not bundle the items together under that one name. saves screen space, and i dont have to scroll down through each line item.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ERROR - circular - engine rule - Strip Keyword/Phrase from Item - add move to target

For creating an eninge rule it is great that you have included the option "Strip Keyword/Phrase from Item". This is very useful and I prefer to leave this unchecked. When I now look at the item in the mental lockbox I have the option to move it to "dreamcatcher" but, of course, according to my rule it is then immediately moved back to the lockbox!!! Could we please have an option to move an item, or a whole category, from the lockbox to "daily targets" or, better still, to a place called "review next time I start my day" (that…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Interface scheduling of Tasks with Zimbra calendar.

It would be great if scheduling of tasks could interface with Zimbra calendar software; this is what we use at my institution.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Consolidate the three "Stuff I Want" lists into one list

This is a small request, but I have always found it a bit awkward the way the Stuff I Want list is broken into 3 sections.

I don't see the benefit of choosing whether to put a particular target in one or the other section. For ease-of-use I just put all targets into the top section so I can add them and view them all without having to scroll down the page.

Also, the way I phrase my target doesn't always fit in with the suggested template; (i.e. "It would be super awesome if I were...", "It would be super…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. connect though netsuite api's so simpeology becomes the front end, management tool within netsuite, is a business or enterprise version plan

every department in a company has goals and milestones, every employee has great ideas, needs to stay on track, needs to stay focused. an enterprise version tailored to business would be terrific.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give the ability to label Daily Targets as pertaining to Time, Energy, Money or any custom value

I find it useful to categorise my targets in terms of whether they are designed to increasing my Time, Energy or Money Power. Most of my targets fit into these categories in some way. Labelling them like this in a clear visual way would enable me to ensure that I have chosen a well-balanced set of targets for the day, and select which targets to focus on depending on the need at the time.

The current system enables colour coding daily targets but without textual labels to remind what the colours stand for this isn't as useful.

This feature would…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Chnge delegation work flow

Up front ask if we regularly delegate. If NOT, don't make us go thru that step on EVERY item. Let us choose delegate as a button later.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Help with the conceptual and logistical side of backward planning

A backward planning organizer or guide section. An educational element helping with the conceptual and logistical side of backward planning. This could be worked into the both the daily planning process and it's integration into major foci.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you click "Done" in the Daily Targets that an optional "bell" sound (or other user selected sound track) occurs.

It would be a small "instant reward" and acknowledgement for having completed a task - all very Pavlovian too!! : )
    It should, however, be an optional thing that the user can turn on or off. In later upgrades and variety of sounds could be selected (Trumpet fanfare?), or indeed a user could upload their own audio "reward". (Queen's "And another one bites the dust"?)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Simpleology